CHEMCAL PROCESSING TECHNICIAN
Date of Posting: July 12, 2022
American Boronite Corporation ("Boronite") is an early-stage advanced materials company focused on manufacturing and developing Boron Nitride Nanotubes (BNNTs) and Carbon Nanotubes (CNTs), along with their derivative products such as radiation shields, composites, and lightweight cables. Our materials have exceptional structural, electronic, dielectric, optical, and ballistic properties that make them suitable for power transmission We expect these materials to become the backbone of a new class of structures that offer tremendous cost and energy savings. We hope they will play a critical role in reducing the weight of many critical systems from aircraft to automotive, contribute to lowering greenhouse emissions, and allow for a reduction in petroleum product imports into the country.
We are seeking a hands-on, motivated, talented, and ambitious laboratory technician to synthesis nanotube precursors at Boronite in Burlington, MA. The chemistry technician will report directly to the company’s Senior Chemist. The position is full time (40 hours/week) and requires current US citizenship. A green card cannot be accepted as a substitute.
- BS/BA in chemistry, chemical engineering, or a related discipline.
- 1-5 years of experience working in a chemical laboratory environment (academic research and internships included – BS candidates graduating in 2022 will be considered).
- Comfortable working with teams
- Knows how to ask good questions
- Excited by working on state-of-the-art technology.
- Pays close attention to detail.
- Knowledge of general chemistry and basic laboratory techniques.
- You are safe in the chemistry laboratory and are a company resource for chemical process development.
- Experience maintaining a laboratory notebook and keeping detailed records of experiments.
- A track record of working well with others
Bonus experience and skills:
- Experience with characterization techniques such as FT-IR, UV/Vis, Raman, electron microscopy (SEM and TEM), and tensile testing.
- Experience in handling air-sensitive materials.
- Design of Experiments using statistical process control software.
Bornite is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, gender, sexual orientation, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental quality, military service, or other non-merit factors. Please submit a resume to Laura Cunningham(Senior Chemist), (email@example.com), Pavel Bystricky (CTO) Pavel.Bystricky@boronite.com, or David Lashmore CEO (David.firstname.lastname@example.org) to be considered for this position.