May 26th, 2020
American Boronite Corporation (“Boronite”) is an early-stage advanced materials company passionate about the development and manufacture of BNNTs (Boron Nitride Nanotubes) and CNTs (Carbon Nanotubes), and their derivative products. Our materials have exceptional structural and electrical properties that are ideal for electricity storage, electrical distribution, actuation, and monitoring. These are advanced functional textiles and have a wide variety of multifunctional properties. Due to their incredible strength, negligible weight, and unrivaled electrical, thermal, and EMI shielding characteristics, we expect these materials to become the backbone of a new class of structures that offer tremendous cost and energy savings.
We are seeking a hands-on, motivated, talented, and ambitious chemist or chemical engineer to develop processes for the synthesis of key compounds used in our reactors and the manufacture
of composites using our unique materials, fabrication of chemical synthesis systems, and help with fiber characterization and quality control. In this position you will:
• Develop and scale-up complex chemistry processes critical to the company.
• Provide hands-on assistance in chemical synthesis and materials characterization.
• Develop quality control systems and documentation to support this manufacturing effort.
• Supervise our chemical hygiene program
You have a BS/MS in chemistry, chemical engineering, or a related discipline. You have 1-5 years of experience working in a chemical laboratory environment (research and internships included – BS candidates graduating in 2020 will be considered). You are a self-starter, skilled at working on teams, know how to ask good questions, and are excited by working on state of the art technology.
• You are comfortable crafting experiments, capturing data, and analyzing results.
• You are knowledgeable of basic process unit design and optimization.
• You understand and can implement quality control processes.
• You are safe in the chemistry laboratory and are a resource in chemical process development.
• You are skilled at documentation and maintaining a laboratory notebook.
• You are good at working with people, have a safety background, have experience in mass production and associated quality systems.
• You have skills in the Design of Experiments using statistical process control software.
• You are familiar with ANSYS, and/or other CFD modeling systems such as OpenFOAM.
• You have experience with characterization techniques such as Raman, SEM, TEM, and tensile testing.
• Exposure to textile manufacturing processes is a plus.
• You are passionate about nanomaterials.
• You have experience in handling air sensitive materials
If this sounds like you, submit a cover letter, a CV, and names and complete contact information for three technical references to David.lashmore@Boronite.com, Susanthri.Perera@Boronite.com, and to Pavel.Bystricky@Boronite.com.
This position is open only to US Citizens. The position is full time (40 hours/week). This person will report directly to the company Chief Chemist. Boronite offers a competitive salary and generous equity incentives for its employees.
Boronite is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, gender, sexual orientation, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.